Today is International Women's Day a day in which we as a society commemorate the struggle for women's rights. So I wanted to take the time to commemorate a particularly badass woman who fought for women all over the world to have the right to access the pill.Read More
Praesent commodo cursus magna, vel scelerisque nisl consectetur et. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Fusce dapibus, tellus ac cursus commodo, tortor mauris condimentum nibh, ut fermentum massa justo sit amet risus. Cras mattis consectetur purus sit amet fermentum. Cras mattis consectetur purus sit amet fermentum.
As the end of 2016 draws near, I feel called to reflect on the year that's been. Like many people, I have felt that 2016 was a significant year but even more than this, 2016 has increasingly felt like the end of an era.
In Numerology, the year 2016 is a universal 9 year (2+0+1+6 = 9). And with numerology occurring in a 9 year cycle, the number 9 represents the end of that cycle. It is the year of completion, endings and coming full circle.
This means 2016 is the perfect time to reflect on our learnings from the past nine years, embrace important lessons and let go of what no longer serves us - all in preparation for new beginnings in 2017.
If you've also felt compelled to close the door on 2016, I've detailed 5 ways below to do this is a positive way in preparation for a fabulous 2017!
1. Make time for stillness and reflection. The break between Christmas and New Year is the perfect opportunity to set aside time to reconnect with nature, sit in stillness and reflect.
2. Use your journal to write a stream of consciousness. Simply write whatever comes to mind when you think of the last 9 years. Don't worry about making sense, or going on tangents. The key is to have faith that everything that needs to be released will
2. Create a timeline detailing all the major milestones of the last 9 years. Use your journal to reflect on how far you've come, all you have achieved and to give gratitude to everyone and everything that has helped you grow.
3. Use the journaling prompts below to ask yourself:
- What things do I need to finalise, tie up or finish ready to start fresh in 2017?
- What experiences, people and lessons am I grateful for?
- What am I holding on to that isn't working?
- What do I need to let go of in 2017?
4. Finalise and complete any half finished jobs that are taking up mental space. Clothes need mending? Need to finish your tax return? Been meaning to take a box of clothes to the Salvos? Get it done before Jan 1st!
5. Remove clutter, get organised and get ready for a new beginning in 2017!
I hope you found these suggestions helpful. I'd love to know how the above work for you. I've already put some time aside in my calendar after Christmas to give myself space for the above.
- Cass x
At Inspirationery, we're all about using our purse power to support initiatives that are making the world a better place. And with Christmas just around the corner, we thought it would be the perfect time to shine the light on three of our favourite female focused initiatives you can support this festive season:
The square cut-out ring is a personal favourite of Ruby Silver Founding Director, Jess. This set is something a little different that still maintains a feminine flare. Perfect for the every day and evening, for your yourself or loved ones. Plus it's the gift just keeps on giving with 100% of the profits from all Ruby Silver jewellery used to deliver educational resources to girls in India.
May your nails be Merry & Bright! For the PERFECT Christmas nails the Good Polish have paired glittery Olivia nail polish with Santa red Poppy. Each bottle is 11ML, 5-free and $1 from each bottle helps support women in need.
And last but not least, no gift guide would be complete without our very own...
Made from 100% post-consumer recycled paper and printed with vegetable inks. Available in either ruled or blank pages. Plus 50% of profits donated to empowering women and girls through education and leadership programs.
We hope you like our little round up of female focused initiatives.
Wishing you a safe & happy Holidays!
Love Cass & the Inspirationery team xx